Thursday 22 November 2012

Santa please. . .



My name’s Amy and I’m a Christmasholic. The festive season is without a doubt my favourite time of year. I like to start things early, like in October, and unlike many people, my mother included, the presence of Christmas cards, decorations and the like in shops, does not frustrate me, it excites me. It excites me immensely.

I am greatly looking forward to decorating the Ernest Jones office, organising a Christmas jumper day, and there are whispers of a Christmas Onesie day on casual Friday, though I’m not sure how many takers I can rely on for that one. I’m even participating in a Twitter Secret Santa, combining my love for all things glitter and all things Twitter. Chris Rea ‘Driving Home for Christmas’ (enjoy!) has now been downloaded to the iPhone, and as it is now five weeks until the big day, Love Actually in all its syrupy yuletide sweetness has been viewed, twice.

 

However, there is one area of Operation Christmas, I am consistently never early with; the shopping part. It will come as no surprise that working in an online environment, all my shopping is done online, two days before last delivery dates elapse, and delivered to my parent’s house to save me lugging it all on the train. A panic gift wrapping exercise will then ensue on the living room floor, while my eight month old puppy bounds around and I furiously hunt the house for the last remaining scrap of sellotape. I did borrow some inspiration from Gavin and Stacey and used tinfoil one year, but then followed the traditional Christmas quarrel when it transpired we had none left for the turkey. I am in no hurry to repeat the Christmas Eve 2010 tinfoil supermarket dash any time soon. Thankfully Ernest Jones offers a gift box and gift wrapping solution which will be perfect for these diamond studs my sister currently has her eye on.

On the other hand, pinpointing gifts for myself comes naturally. And if we average it out across the year, my behaviour has been good enough to guarantee a spot on Santa’s nice list. So without further ado, on to my Christmas wishlist.

Top of the list, is a Project D London watch. Lauren and I were lucky enough to attend the launch of these exclusive watches in our Westfield store a couple of weeks ago, and it’s fair to say, I’ve been lusting after this ever since trying it on. 



My go to jewellery box staple is always a statement ring and I’m always looking to add a new one to my collection. I’ve tried to pick a favourite but I just can’t. So as the song goes “five gold rings” I’ve picked one for each digit.  I love the shape yet simplicity of this chunky Gucci bamboo gold ring, the sophisticated winter green sparkle of this from Pessavento, and our Christmas cocktail ring is back again this year (and currently half price). Kelly Rowland famously wore three of these for last year’s X Factor final teamed with Amanda Wakeley cuffs, which brings me nicely on to Amanda Wakeley’s white ceramic and diamond Russian twist ring. Finally I’ve busied myself with our bespoke jewellery design again, to create this silver and ruby piece inspired by my niece.


In the non jewellery department, like all commuters for whom a kindle and smart phone is not enough, I NEED an iPad (don’t forget to download our iPad app for your own gift inspiration), but for now I'll make do with 'liberating' my step dad's. Ted Baker does a great line in Apple accessories and I’m a big fan of this Dippie brown and black leather case so that when he's not watching those famously festive John Wayne or Die Hard films, his iPad stays pristine.

Away from Ernest Jones, no Christmas would be complete without the traditional bestowing of socks and selection boxes. I am coveting these Pantherella fair isle socks at figleaves which I intend to team with a personalised Christmas jumper while munching on a mince pie with a twist. Hotel Chocolat’s alternative mince pies combine praline and my favourite, salted caramel, destined to satisfy my palette at the great expense of my waist line, which l will worry about in January when Christmas will be done and dusted, and I’m making new year’s resolutions not to leave my Christmas shopping to the last minute again.

Shop Christmas at Ernest Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment