Friday 4 January 2013

Sale style

So the 4th of January has arrived and it seems as though the over-indulging in delicious food and excitedly opening our Christmas presents is now just a distant memory. For the majority of us, this week has meant only one thing; back to work. So now we’ve all been catapulted back into reality with often a bumpy landing, its easy to recognise where January gets its negative perception from. I’ve often heard this described as the January blues and, with the inevitable diet stress and those dreaded 5/6 week paydays, it’s easy to see why.

I’m trying to head up my own 2013 health kick, which has so far consisted of Chinese food and the prospect of cocktails for the weekend, which clearly shows it’s going well, right? Ok, no, denial is a word that springs to mind. But anyway enough of that…

I am ready to put a positive spin on 2013, with a brand new year to look forward to full of fun and exciting plans. Also, if like me you  think of yourself as a  a bit of a summer goddess, then the countdown to summer can officially begin! Hoorah!

There’s one teeny, tiny, rather insignificant factor as well that, for me, makes January that little bit less depressing and that is my birthday! So besides being another year older it also brings about an excuse to over-indulge in food and drink again - and let’s not forget the presents.

However, there is one thing I hate about my birthday, and that is the dreaded question of ‘what do you want?’ It’s so hard choosing presents so soon after Christmas. However, this year, with sales now being in full swing, I thought it the perfect opportunity to pick some of my favourite pieces from our up to half price sale. So family and friends, if you’re reading keep up as this is one huge and quite frankly helpful hint!

One of the first things that caught my eye was this Ted Baker acrylic bow cuff. As I’ve said many times before, I’m a sucker for statement jewellery and love anything that is sure to stand out. I think this would accompany a sophisticated evening outfit perfectly. I’m a huge fan of the lady-like fashions we have seen in stores in the recent months, including the knee length pencil skirts. Teamed with a plain high necked crop top, the gold detailing and the bow design is sure to add that extra splash of glamour and feminine chic.



As stated in my last blog post, monochrome is set to be a big hit in the fashion world for Spring/Summer, so why should your timepieces be any different? I’ve had my eye on these contemporary ceramic watches for a while now, and this DKNY white adaptation seems to tick all the boxes. The gold detailing really gives this minimal design an extra edge, and transforms it into a respected high fashion piece of wrist wear. I mean, would we expect any less form Donna Karen herself?



My next pick has to come from Le Vian®. I’m a self-confessed chocolate lover and when it comes to diamonds there is certainly no change. Therefore my ultimate birthday dream would be this Le Vian® 14ct white gold and Chocolate Diamond® ring. The elegant square cluster is absolutely show stopping, and is sure to turn heads. Personally, I’d never take this ring off, however, I think combined with evening wear, whether it be for a night on the town or a sophisticated dining, is sure to add that extra touch of Hollywood, glitterati elegance.





So whether, you’re looking to pull yourself out of the January blues or you have or are buying for a January birthday, be sure to take a look at the Ernest Jones up to half price sale. 

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

1 comment: